About Me                               Privacy Policy                                Contact Me                               Advertise                

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Filipinos Abroad


Poverty is the mean reason why some of our Kababayans prefer to work abroad rather than stay in the Philippines and be with their family. It is actually not an easy decision but they should have to. It is not easy to leave your children or your family and work with other people not your relatives in a foreign land. They are
willing to risk just for them to give their families a good and comfortable life.

 I have not experienced this yet, but I can still feel them. I have friends who are OFW's (Overseas Filipino Workers)  and I can feel their sacrifices because I am also a bread winner. I may not working abroad but it seems that I am, because most of the times, I just forgot my needs just to give my family a better life and that is same with the sacrifices being made by our Kababayans working abroad. How did they make it? Simple! For me dedication and love for the family are enough for us to have the courage to work abroad.


How are the relatives of OFW's handling the situation?

It just so sad that some of the relatives left in the Philippines dont feel the sacrifice of their loved ones
abroad. I used to have a neighbor whose husband was working overseas and the wife as we noticed was very extravagant. Everytime his husband sent money he bought all of the unnecessary things just to let her neighbors see that they have lots of money. She invited all of her friends and they will party whole night seems that they were not married until such time we found out that our neighbor's wife
got pregnant and some children of OFW's if not guided properly will lead to a troubled life. 

How OFW's handle their situation abroad? 


photo from: pinoy-ofw.com
If you can see the social media accounts of those OFW's like facebook they are full of smiles. It seems that they are happy where they are and seems contented but they are only doing that, just to let their family know  that they need not to worry because they are OK. Maybe not all are faking the reason of their smiles but most of the OFW's are doing that just to ease some pain of missing their loved ones. I have this close friend of mine, who is currently working as a Domestic Helper in HK, she said that everytime her boss will bring her to the HK Disneyland together with the 2 children that she takes care of, everytime she take pictures, she will give all the best poses and those big smiles but after that back to reality she is a nanny and a domestic helper with all those loads of houseworks to do. She said that atleast her parents, children and husband will be happy seeing her smiling in the picture. It is really not easy to work abroad and serve with the family not related to yours and left your children with no mother or father to take care of them. That is the reason we need to value and give importance to all the things they give and save the money they sent so that if their contract ends they dont need to go back abroad to work again.


OFW Quotes and Messages That Will Etch in Your Mind 



 OFW is human NOT ATM machine or partner of any Money transfer,
we feel pain, we feel tired...
So please to our loved ones,
We are just not complaining but
Please make a good value in our all sacrifices

*     *      *      *      *

As far as I can see...That's how far I'd like to go.
No dreams will be too hard to reach
If we keep on believing..keep on pushing ourselves
to go the extra mile, to carry the extra load
with a cheerful heart and full trust in the Lord.


Whenever they learn that I work abroad, I know they think of me having a lot of money. What they don’t know is that I never enjoy my pay out because I have to send it right away to my loved ones. Most of the time, the only left for me is hope that everything will be fine soon.

*     *      *      *      *

Please promise me you'll wait for me and still love me
like the day & left all of you to work in another land.


Unfortunately, few overseas workers tend to have an affair abroad as they long for their husbands or wives. They fell into temptation as they hardly can’t resist their manly needs. Loneliness has consumed them so they had sought for someone to fill the absence of their partners. But most of such affairs had lead to having another family while abroad.

In my homeland, my wage is enough.
I try to work abroad so I can earn more money to give to my family with almost nothing left in my pocket. But sometimes I can’t understand why no matter how much I gave them, they still ask for more.

*     *      *      *      *

Many people don’t know how hard to work away from home. You can’t sleep at night because you the thought about your family linger through your mind. You can’t see your children growing and how well they do. Sometimes, telephone calls can’t suffice the day you miss them. Being an OFW entails you to sacrifices.


*     *      *      *      *

Quotes from www.boybanat.com













No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts.