About Me                               Privacy Policy                                Contact Me                               Advertise                

Thursday, October 15, 2015

OFWs our Modern Heroes

My husband will be working abroad next year and I want to prepare myself for being alone taking care for our 2 kids so I tried to search for quotes about OFWs that can inspire me when I bumped to this boy banat  site that has OFW's messages that are very touching.

Here are the OFWs messages: 


Whenever they learn that I work abroad, I know they think of me having a lot of money. What they don’t know is that I never enjoy my pay out because I have to send it right away to my loved ones. Most of the time, the only left for me is hope that everything will be fine soon. -- This is actually true. Some families left in the Philippines are very extravagant that is what I have noticed. They don't care about the hardships of their loved ones abroad just to earn that money and instead of spending it wisely they spend it to unimportant wants. 



****

Please promise me you'll wait for me and still love me like the day & left all of you to work in another land. -- Unfortunately, few overseas workers tend to have an affair abroad as they long for their husbands or wives. They fell into temptation as they hardly can’t resist their manly needs. Loneliness has consumed them so they had sought for someone to fill the absence of their partners. But most of such affairs had lead to having another family while abroad.

***
In my homeland, my wage is enough.
I try to work abroad so I can earn more money to give to my family with almost nothing left in my pocket. But sometimes I can’t understand why no matter how much I gave them, they still ask for more. -- It is really heartbreaking thinking about this. This happened to the family of my husband's brother, they keep on asking for money as if that the person who is working abroad is a millionaire. They didnt realize that some OFWs have 2 or more jobs, they dont care about the hardships just to send money to their families and sad to say that some of their relatives or family members as well will say bad things to them if they cant grant their request. They really dont care. 

***

Many people don’t know how hard to work away from home. You can’t sleep at night because you the thought about your family linger through your mind. You can’t see your children growing and how well they do. Sometimes, telephone calls can’t suffice the day you miss them. Being an OFW entails you to sacrifices. - I really understand this. I have lots of OFW friends telling me on how hard for them to be far away from their loved ones but they need to. So heartbreaking for them not seeing their children growing up and be with them if they have problems.

***
I gave up my precious time with my loved ones to take a chance of higher income abroad. The guilt of leaving them is in my heart. But whenever I think of it as an opportunity to give the best for them, I feel motivated. -- Thanks to the internet and social media because there are ways now to communicate with our loved ones abroad and inspire them eventhough we are miles away from them.




I used to be the bread winner of our family when I was single so I know how hard it is to earn money for a living. I value everything especially if it is a product of someone's dedication and hardship. I promise to my husband that I will be the wife that she can be proud of especially if he is already working abroad. We need to help and value each other so that all of our plans for our family will be fulfilled.  


Overseas Filipino Workers are our Modern Heroes and we need to value them because they also value their families to give them a better life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts.